Wednesday, April 20, 2016

My Splendid Sampler - Blocks 16, 17, 18 & 19


Are you sewing along with the Splendid Sampler?  So, so much fun! 

I've created a Pinterest board of my blocks This will be a great way for me to see all of them together!

Here are my next set of blocks.  (Click block name to be taken to the directions and the official linky party) -



Pieces of Friendship (block 16) - Such a fun simple block.



Family Stars (block 17) -  I made a paper piece version of block 17 to help me deal with the small pieces with better accuracy.  This star block has a sample of the main colors in the fabric in the quilt - gold, green, red & black - along with the background fabric.


Lina's Gift  (block 18) - tried for a piece of fussy cutting for the black piece.  :-)



Measure Twice, Cut Once (block 19)  - I really enjoy these blocks with a bit of embroidery in them.




Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. That measuring tape one is a fun design :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love, love the fabrics for all of these! Lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice blocks, Patty! I love the colours you have used! I've made a few of these blocks, but I've been left behind! My trouble is deciding which fabrics to use! Seeing your tape measure block has given me new inspiration. Thank you!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...