Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Knitting!!

My daughter started knitting a scarf in the week leading in Halloween.  It was to be a prop in a costume.  While she didn't finish it - something called school got in the way - trolling around for patterns for her uncovered one for me!

I like basic lace work and had used this same pattern once before to make a cowl so cast on to give this one a go.  (pattern link)


The color is this yummy shade of red called Candy Apple.  I bought the yarn in my local knitting shop Warm & Fuzzy last year. (If you are a knitter, check them out - they've got an online store and carry many hand dye yarns.)

Given this is a narrow scarf, it is knitting quickly.  The yarn is louet Gems, 100% Merino Wool Sports weight.

I put one of my recently completed bags - see Elm Street Quilts for more information - to store everything away between knitting sessions.


I'll be linking here at Let's Bee Social.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty scarf! I've been to Warm & Fuzzy - it's a nice shop. Our son and family used to live in Fuquay-Varina so we were in that area at least twice a year. They have since moved so I am scouting out different areas of you beautiful state.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...