Monday, October 7, 2013

Aliens in my Sewing Room

A warm fall day on Saturday and I spent a couple of relaxing hours in my sewing corner.


The pattern is Schnibble Clover.   I am just in love with these colors in Moda Phenomenal Fall by Sandy Gervais.  I didn't want to use up all of my two charm packs in one quilt so I made a 4 block version instead of a 9 block version.


Very easy to assemble!  However, since I was making a smaller quilt than the pattern I needed to do some math to figure out the fabric requirements.

That is where the aliens came in.   I cut my squares for the background from a just big enough scrap of what I think is Moda Bella solid called Parchment.   I sewed and assembled and as I got ready to assemble the final corners I found that I am SIX squares short.  How could that possible be?  




Clearly I didn't count wrong or figure wrong! (smile)  Must have been those pesky aliens that crept into my sewing room and made off with those squares.




Off to my LQS with a scrap in hand.  Wish me luck.


Happy Stitching!

7 comments:

  1. *eeek* A dalek! Run!!!!!!!!

    What a lovely fall quilt in the making... and what a great reason to make a run to your LQS!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I think they have visited me and swiped my squares in the past as well. :-) they also seem to run off with my scissors and return them in odd places. Although I think they are of the wee Brownie variety (spoken with a Scottish brogue ) rather than alien.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you can find the right fabric. Your blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely! I'm sure it will be a beautiful quilt. The autumn colours are my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the exact same thing - a 4 block version of Clover using Sweetwater's Noteworthy fabrics. I had the hardest time counting up how many background squares were needed. I ended up mis-counting and being 10 squares short in my project! No aliens in my sewing room, just my lack of counting on point. Luckily I had just enough fabric left to cut the 10 squares. Then I went and cut way too many triangles for the border, mostly because I was too lazy to try and figure out in advance how many I'd need. So now I'll have to sew them back together into HSTs and make something else with them. I love the fall colors in your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So gorgeous and so frustrating... hope you found it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in awe! Your Schnibbles quilt is beautiful. You are speedy on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...