Monday, September 30, 2013

New Jersey off to the SPA

I've been motivated all year to declare goals each month as part of the Another Lovely Year of Finishes   Finishing my quilt top flimsy from Votes for Women  block of the week was my goal for September!



I decided to go 'borderless' and the finish size is roughly 85 inches square.  I am very happy with the red and aqua mix of this quilt.

I used 40 of the 49 blocks from  the Votes for Women  block of the week.  The quilt along was called Grandmother's choice so I am making this quilt in honor of both of my grandma's - Mum and Nana.  Nana was born in 1899 and Mum in 1915.  As adults, they lived a few blocks from each other in New Jersey.  

I've these blocks left over which I will use on the back - perhaps as a label?





My quilt has an appointment at the quilt spa.   Can't wait to show it off when it is all quilted.


Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my golly! This quilt is gorgeous...love the aquas and reds and your choice to go borderless. It's beautiful right now, so imagine when it is quilted! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this quilt so much. I loved the blocks as you were making them and they are perfect all together, great colour scheme. I think you should use the tea-cup block as a label, it's my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...