Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Project Linus

The events last Friday have been in my thoughts quite a bit.  My heart goes out to all the families and the community.

I've wanted to do a quilt for Project Linus for awhile now so decided now is the time.  I'll donate locally but dedicate it to the children in Ct.

Using a stack of fat quarter loveliness that I won earlier in the fall....



...... I cut up 5 inch squares.  I am going to assemble these into a disappearing 9 patch pattern.



To make a disappearing 9 patch, assemble your 9 patch, press and then cut as shown in the photo below.


i intend to quilt this one myself on my home machine.  Another first.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean, it so hurts thinking of those children and the families involved. A disappearing 9 patch for Linus is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...