Wednesday, February 15, 2017

All done!


Ta da!

I finished my Splendid Sampler quilt top one year (to the day) that the first block was released.  There were 100 blocks in the year long QAL along with some bonus blocks.

I did all 100 blocks, staying reasonably in sync with when they were released.  My quilt top uses 99 blocks in a 9 x 11 layout.  The quilt top currently measures 54 1/2 x 66 1/2''.

The final layout doesn't use 3 of the original blocks and include 2 blocks I added including my wonky Christmas tree on the bottom row.  The fabric I used was a F8 bundle of a Christmas line so some blocks were modified along the way to be more Christmas themed.


Still thinking about borders but am leaning towards a thin red border and then the gold.  (I've enough left of the gold for a 2 1/2 '' border.)  

I'll be linking up my finish here.

This was also my February One Monthly Goal!




Happy Stitching!

9 comments:

  1. OOOh wow--I am so proud of you for keeping up and getting all those little blocks done and done on time--way better than me--think I stopped sewing them around 30th --but have continued to collect the patterns--so who knows--
    have fun with the borders, love the colors of the blocks--
    enjoy the moments, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations - you completed it!!
    How exciting to be at the choosing border fabric(s) stage. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job of getting these to look cohesive, lots of variety in those blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty, this is *stunning*!!!
    You have to be SO proud!!
    *Congratulations!!*
    Pat T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colors are beautiful and a job well done. I started out making them but too many paper pieced ones I did not do.Congratulations for doing all of them. It is a very happy quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic... I love it! You did a great job on keeping up with the blocks and getting them all sewn together!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did such a nice job on all your blocks. I really like your color scheme. Looks so rich.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...