Friday, January 20, 2017

Splendid Sampler - blocks 89 - 92

Are you sewing along with the Splendid Sampler?  So, so much fun! 


I've created a Pinterest board of my blocks This will be a great way for me to see all of them together!

Here are my next set of blocks.  (Click block name to be taken to the directions and the official linky party) -

From Colorado to the Midwest (89) - For many of these patterns, I convert them into EQ7 and create a paper pieced pattern.  It helps me practice my EQ7 skills and I'm building up a nice block inventory along with way!  Since I'm making this quilt with a F8 bundle, I'm running out of fabrics.  Some of what left has big prints which don't cut up well.



Juggling (90) - I like the sentiment behind this block as we all juggle parts of our lives each day.  But I thought a block with ornaments was a better fit.  I still need to add something else to this block.



Gran's Button Jar (91) - I did all the stitching on this one with my machine.



Double Bees (92) -   This one looks a bit better in person, minus the extra pink thread.


There will be 100 blocks in total here in the QAL.  By my calculations, # 100 will be out on February 12.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Looking good :) Good idea to do ornaments with your Christmas theme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are great. I started making splendid sampler but when they had paper pieced ones I quit. Your Grans Button Jar is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been seeing some of the splendid sampler blocks over the past year but could not allow myself to jump in and make them. I think it is a wonderful idea. Your blocks look great.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...