Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Crossroads QAL - my house blocks


I made 3 of the 4 houses for the latest block of the month by Fat Quarter Shop - Crossroads!

I have a layer cake of Moda Sweetwater Elementary sitting in my stash and some yardage.  I love the blues and browns and blacks in this fabric line and I think it will work well with the quilt.  (Can't go wrong with Sweetwater as far as I'm concerned.)


I made two blue and one brown house.  I am holding off on the last house until after the next set of blocks.  I think I will be doing these as two color (i.e. brown / blue) but want to build some of the next blocks and then make a decision on fabric for the 4th house.

Want to play along?  The pattern for this block can be found here.


This Crossroads Quilt Along benefits March of Dimes.  

I love the focus this organization has to help premature babies.  

All my babies were early but my middle one was a true premee at 32 weeks.  She was in the hospital for 5 weeks before she came home  While she was in the hospital, I saw so many tiny babies and have much admiration for the doctors and nurses that care for these babies.


Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. You are so right, can't go wrong with Sweetwater :) your houses will look great blue brown or both!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...