Friday, January 8, 2016

Farmer's Wife 1930's: Em (30) & Eva (31)

Back to the Farmer's Wife blocks!!!

I didn't do any over the last three weeks through the holidays.  Partly because I had other sewing I wanted to get to.

But also because I was not excited by the number of pieces in this first block!

Em (30) -  there were about a ba-zillion pieces in this block. (Ok, maybe not a ba-zillion but there were over 80 of them!)  This came out better than I thought - not warped and everything matches up to where I intended it to be!


Eva (31) - compared to Em, this block was easy.  I probably should have tackled it on a different day though because I ended up not doing my best job.  I may remake it - we'll see.


I know you are seeing these blocks all over blog land. These are from the book -   Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt and there are two great quilt alongs with plenty of tips and ideas.  VeryKerryBerry  is doing the blocks in numerical order while Gnome Angel is doing them in order from easiest to hardest.

My fabrics are from Moda Fig Tree.  There are so many different versions underway right now - so much inspiration out there!





Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Your blocks look great, I've been stalled out too on these, just can't seem to get back to excited about this. I love the letters but the blocks themselves have been causing me to say "meh". It doesn't help that my printer has been printing at slightly under scale, making paper piecing a limited option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got Em done! Great job. When I got my book, I put a heart around her number because she was my favourite block in the book. I will make her this weekend because I, too, have been putting her off. Your blocks this week are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...