Monday, August 10, 2015

Another Welcome stitching mini


For this one, I went with 2 sunflowers from the stitching pattern here on Fort Worth Studio's blog.

Remember when I blogged about my first two and I wasn't happy on how 'floppy' the one with minimal quilting was?



I fixed it!


Much better!

I experimented with 3 different types of edging:  Folding over the back piece, completely bindless and using a very narrow black binding.


And from the back -


I like the one with the black binding the best.  It was a worthwhile experiment.  I recently saw a tutorial for a single fold binding.  I've got to make another mini to try it out.


Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. My favorite yet...just cant go wrong with sunflowers and line quilting :) The narrow black binding is my favorite too...when I do a mini I like to use a narrow double fold and I always do a happy dance when the corners look good!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...