Saturday, December 20, 2014

Knitting dilemma


Less then a week to go....

We put our Christmas tree up last night.  It was a lot of fun - we've such the collection of ornaments - many of them are handmade from when the kids were young.  I've one that used to be at my Grandma's house that I just love to hang every year.

One more run to Target ought to close down my Christmas shopping (!!!).

I am obsessively tracking the 4 packages I mailed off on Monday.  Two of them arrived at their destination, one should be delivered today.  The final one - the one with all the handmade goodies - shows no tracking progress!!  At this point, I'd just like know where it is in its travels ... just to know it is somewhere and not stuck in the corner of the post office!

Now, the knitting dilemma.

I am making finger-less mittens for my daughter. 

I am almost but not quite done with the first - they knit up very fast.

Here is the problem.   When I weigh how much I have left - I've 1.9 oz.


and compare to how much I used so far ....


and subtract off the 3 needles at 2 oz each, I've used 1.9 oz and the first one isn't yet done.

UGH!!!

They are turning out really, really nice. So soft.  Such a pretty color.

Maybe a little big though.   Maybe big enough to fit the hand of a really big guy and certainly way too big for my 16 year old.

So off I go to rip, go down a needle size maybe even shorten the cuff to try again!

And speaking of a bit big - isn't our gingerbread cookie man cute?  My daughter went to town decorating him.  That is her petite sized hand in the photo illustrating the point that I've got to start over.


Have a great day!

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your tracking issues! I mailed a package on Monday to a destination that is actually a 2 hour drive away from my house. There was no tracking info at all until today and it says it's to be delivered today. I'm so glad I paid extra for "2" day shipping! At least it appears to be arriving today and it's in time for Christmas. Good luck with your knitting and gingerbread men making....he's mighty handsome, I think!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...