Monday, July 14, 2014

Farmers Wife

Last year, I had such fun with the Votes for Women block of the month (my final blog post) and I've been searching for a similar kind of project.

Since I've been continuously tempted by the Farmer's Wife blocks that have popped up for the last year (here is a pintrest board on the topic), I decided to make my own version - using modern fabrics and brighter colors.  I've got enough stash to get started.

I ordered my book from Amazon and anxiously await its arrival.    I also found and joined a Yahoo group and have access to paper pieced versions of the blocks.  That is the way I intend to go.  Templates are just not my thing but paper piecing can be fun.


Photo from Amazon

Anyone else about to get started?



Happy Stitching!

8 comments:

  1. A paper pieced quilt? Now that could be right up my alley! Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a group on Facebook too which is fun also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought the book early on and have made about 25 blocks or so. It's been so long since I've worked on it that I don't remember exactly. Those templates sure are off-putting, so I like the idea of paper-piecing it. I went with the repro fabrics, but have seen several done in brighter and more modern fabrics and they all look fantastic. I will be glad to follow your progress; perhaps it will inspire me to get back to work on mine?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know there was a paper pieced version! That sounds much more up my alley. Maybe I'll make it, someday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I bought the book over a year ago - and still have yet to start even one block. I think I'd like to do paper pieced too since some of the blocks have such tiny pieces and need to be precise. I guess I never started because I couldn't decide on a fabric genre to do it in :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have around 50 made. The paper piecing is definitely the way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had the CD for quite some time now. Might be a great time to start!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would be interested in doing this along with someone. I am a new quilter, just started blog (have no clue how to use it ! - I am not a techie - LOL) and have a very healthy stash. I have the book on my list for quite some time at Amazon. I'll order it now...when did you plan to start?

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...