Friday, September 6, 2013

New Jersey is assembled!

I made my final block in the Votes for Women  block of the week - this is block 49 called An Arc: Bending towards Justice.


I then completed a major portion of the assembly of my quilt top!

I used 40 of the 49 blocks.  They were all set on point.  I am going to add a border but I am still deciding what might work.
  

It is roughly the size of the top of a queen sized mattress.  I was too lazy to get a better measurement.

I did a mini photo shoot with my 'new' treadle.  Been doing some research on the machine.  I am reasonably confident it is a National Vibrating Shuttle Top Tension machine from the late 1800's or early 1900's.  I've been collecting all my research information here.


This final assembly went together faster than I expected.  I love when that happens!


Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...