Monday, September 9, 2013

Don't Blink

There are 20 blocks in the Whovian-inspired Quilt-Alongfrom Caroline and Soma from Whims and Fancies and the Doctor.  Doctor Who?

First the back of the block.


Why the back first?  It gives you a sense how I pressed this block into submission!

Now the front.  The Weeping angels are one of the scariest of the Dr Who villains. (Watch the best clip ever -  Don't Blink.)




They are all paper pieced blocks and on the difficult side because of all the small pieces.  
This particular block had so many pieces I was afraid to count!   There were two versions of the block - I started with the easy one and even then took out some of the detail.  I will add it back in with embroidery later.

There were about 20 pieces to paper piece and then the assembly of those 20 pieces into the final block.  It is this assembly part where I have the hardest time - the finger alignment was tough.


Once assembled, my blocks always need major squaring off.




Here are my 4 blocks so far.  The next one I am doing is another bad guy - Cypermen!



Happy Stitching!

5 comments:

  1. NICE job! this one has me quaking, I agree the easy one is for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a great job ironing that block in to submission. All of them look great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! That was the EASY block? Great job tho... you are a courageous quilter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Doctor Who! But I am scared of those blocks - you did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I am completely amazed! Your weeping angel is beautiful. What a fun group of blocks. They look great!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...