Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I've got a plan!!!

One block to go and then I'll be ready to assemble my quilt from the Votes for Women  block of the week.  My final layout will use 40 of the total possible 49 blocks.

I needed to actually cut the setting triangles in order to get the layout right.  (The upper left corner still needs those triangles.)

The math:

  • 40 blocks in the quilt
  • 3 blocks skipped:  Sunbonnet Sue, Applique block and Curve Block
  • 2 blocks where the quality is poor 
  • 4 blocks for the back, including the quilt label

I choose not to use 3 of the blocks I made.  Although the umbrella is in the top photo (top right), it is just a placeholder.

Happy Stitching!


  1. That is coming along quite well and I love the arrangment. Good work. Quilt on.

  2. it's looking lovely, love the colours and it was the right decision to put the blocks on point. Looking forward to seeing her all quilted and bound!

  3. Beautiful! I wish I had followed along,just didn't have the time.

  4. I stopped at my tablerunner size as I kept substituting have come up with a good solution to the ones you weren't happy with, will be a great finish!!

  5. You did an excellent job on this quilt top, I wish I had half your talent. Now to just finish it. Great job!


Leave a stitch...