Monday, January 7, 2013

My seam ripper is my best friend



There were far too many pieces in block 19 of Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice block.  This one is called Old Maid’s Ramble: Desperate Walkers. Too many tiny HST to make. And the layout almost did me in. I needed a seam ripper at least 6 (or was it 10?) times - three times to adjust the same seam.

The final product is not square which provides further encouragement to put some of the blocks on point in order to square them off. This will be one of those blocks!

A new blog hop starts up today with special thanks to Mdmn Samm and Linda for our latest blog hop - In Your Words. My day is Tuesday, Jan 8th and I can't wait to share my word quilt.  Until then, please join me in visiting all the quilters in the hop.  Here is the full schedule on Linda's blog.




Happy Stitching!


2 comments:

  1. Your block does look wonderful here. I cringed when I saw this week's pattern. Guess I have to be very careful with this one. Good for you for keeping up to date! I have two blocks to make...maybe today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, I am 3 behind now..hope to catch up quickly. Your block looks wonderful to me, hopefully I will be able to maintain as many points as you did!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...