Monday, January 21, 2013

Easy Street


Spent time assembling Easy Street!



As the mystery went along, I made 1/4 of the block count that Bonnie suggested.  That yielded the top two rows.  I decided to add one more row so that = before borders = so that the measurements are (roughly) 42 X 63.  I'm thinking a one inch border and then a 4 inch border so it will finish at a 52 by 73.



But now what color for the borders?  One idea is to do the narrow border in white (Bella Porcelain) and then the outer in either the green or perhaps the gray.

Thoughts?

Fabric is Good Fortune by Moda.

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. I like the fabrics in your Easy Street. Still working at mine I think I will make mine smaller too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would make the outer border in the blue. There is already a lot of green and grey in the quilt, so the blue border would lift the blue and orange in the blocks and make them pop. I like the smaller size.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I would do a narrow orange then a grey...I'm sure it will be wonderful in whatever you choose :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! I like the fabrics you chose. And the size.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm thinking that the border should include grey. It would really tie it together. Gorgeous by the way ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your colour's version.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...