Friday, November 9, 2012

96 9-patch blocks

I am making a twin size quilt for my daughter using this delicious jelly roll of Marmalade.



The pattern calls for 96 9-patch blocks.  Here they all are, pressed and pilled.



I really love this fabric.  I plan to put a flannel on the back to give it extra cuddle factor.  The aqua print with the flower - lower right in this top block - is the print I will use for the back.



Those blocks finish at 6 inches.

I spent some time last weekend making smaller blocks for this month's mini-Schnibble Drop.   You start with a center square at 1 7/8" so you are working with very tiny pieces.  The pattern is quite good to work with because there is an opportunity to trim to get the block the right size. Lots of forgiveness is helpful when dealing with tiny pieces.




Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Marmalade blocks. Look forward to seeing the quilt top. Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric. She is going to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Marmalade fabric collection. I love 9 patch blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...