Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Harvest - October's Entry in AYOS

Introducing Harvest!


This month's Schnibble pattern was Hubble - a beautiful quilt made with HST.  It contained an option in the back to make it with squares, instead of HST.  When I saw this option, I decided this was the Hubble for me!

I modified the pattern to use 2 1/2 in squares (instead of 4 1/2 in) and didn't put the border on.  This finished roughly 36 inches square and is going to hang over a small desk I have in my bedroom.  It fits perfectly between two windows.  I am very excited to hang it there.

The fabric used was Sandy Gervais Late Bloomer.  This was all with ONE charm pack - cut into 2 1/2 squares along with the background fabric.

I did all straight line quilting first starting at the outline of the star and working in.  Then I switch thread color on the top only and worked out to the edges.  The straight line quilting got a bit boring towards the end but the final effect is one that I just love!

Looking forward to the parade Thursday at Sinta's and Sherri's and and the challenge for November.  I've some holiday charms I want to use for whatever challenge comes our way!  



Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. did this pattern come out of one of the schnibble's books? If so, which one? thanks in advance for your answer...and you did a GREAT job on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gORGEOUS! bEAUTIFUL! Your version of Hubble is wonderful Patty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the quilting! It reallly adds to the quilt :-)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...