Friday, August 31, 2012

Windows


This months Schnibble pattern from AYOS is Dimestore.   I made a slightly smaller version of the pattern using Sweetwater Sunkissed charm packs.  I've named my quilt Windows.

Through the entire assembly process, I was so sure I was going to like this one.  Based on my fabric choices for the 'window panes', I wasn't getting a good deal of contrast.

I almost stopped at just the quilt top and called it done but then I do enjoy FMQ and practice is a good thing.  So a quilt sandwich I made.


All I did was a basic stipple FMQ but once quilted, the quilt came to life.  I still need to add a binding and I'm thinking once it is washes, it will get even more character.

Looking forward to the Schnibble parade on Sinta's and Sherri at A Quilting Life tomorrow.  First of the month is always exciting - you get to see what everyone else has done with the pattern and get your next challenge.

Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a lovely finish! Ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soft and lovely. Sometimes we want strong contrast in the value of our fabrics. Sometimes it is great to keep the palette a little softer.
    I find that using fabrics from just one line often gives that softer look because the values are usually so similar.
    Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty quilt. Looks soft and cuddly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one :-) Those Sweetwater fabrics are always fun to use! Your version of Dimestore is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...