Monday, January 9, 2012

HST quilt-a-long!

A few months ago, I won this delicious pile of Kona fat quarters from Lily's Quilts.




I cracked them open this weekend in order to make the first block in my solids In Color Order HST quilt a long.




I like making HST.  One of the the things I like about this year long quilt a long is that I can pre-cut a whole bunch of the 4 inch squares, draw my line on the white squares and stack them ready for the next block!  Assembly will go much quicker that way.




Interested to join along? I put the button in my sidebar or click here for more information!


Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. What beautiful colors! Sounds like a great QAL... will have to wait til my machine comes home tho...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors,how do you know they will always be 4.5" squares that we start with? I have never done a HST quilt before. Please check out my block at
    raelenesramblings.blogspot.com

    Looking forward to seeing your finished block next month,

    Hugs
    Raelene

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...