Thursday, January 5, 2012

Celebrate a significant birthday with a Quilt!

Two years ago, I decided to make quilts to celebrate as each of my sister's reached a particularly significant birthday milestone.


For my first sister, I made this quilt - which I called Fabulous.




My DH's brother hit that birthday last August and I decided that why not include my DH's siblings in my significant birthday quilt gifting.  (Between my DH and myself, there are 8 siblings.)  Finally got this one pieced over the holiday break.  This quilt doesn't yet have a name.






The fabric is Primitive Gatherings.  The pattern is called Moca Twist from the book Scrap-Basket Surprises.  I had purchased a layer cake of the fabric in one of Missouri Quilting's deal of the day without a plan for it.  I also had two charm packs of the fabric purchased with the intent to make the Full House Schnibble quilt.   The layer cake and two charm packs were perfect for this quilt  (A jelly roll would have worked even better!).  The backing will be from my stash - I've a deep brown flannel that will make this quite the cuddle quilt.


The quilt finished at lap quilt size.  For some bizarre reason, I am tempted to FMQ it myself on my little machine instead of taking it to the LAQ.  I quilt smaller things all the time - guess I am feeling more confident about my skills as well as lulled into thinking I'll have all this free time.  I haven't yet decided which way to go - since the gift is already late, a little more time won't matter.


Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. I think you should go for it - it would mean so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. call it coffee kisses, quilt it yourself- you are so well able for it, and give him a coffee cake to go with it ?? it is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...