Thursday, November 3, 2011

Countdown assembled

I've assembled the quilt top for my Countdown to Christmas quilt - still need to name this quilt.




Next step is a good pressing and then cut down the sides to give them a straight edge.


Then, I've got a decision to make.


The pattern calls for a 2in inner border of a color from the quilt and then a 5 1/2 in outer border of another quilt color. I am thinking of actually doing that outer border in the white and then perhaps a pieced inner border.


What do you think?


Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I might be tempted to piece in the light green around the edge and then put the white border outside that. I'm sure that whatever you do, it will still be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting blogs I've found by way of the Bloggers quilt festival and am glad I did, your Countdown quilt is stunning. I'm in NC too (Cary)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and I think either way will work! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is really turning out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...