Friday, September 23, 2011

Mini quilt

Finished the binding on a small quilt for my sister's birthday.  It is roughly 18 inches square and was made using batik strip scraps and is shown with an (empty) wine glass on it to suggest the start of a fun evening.  Last year, I made her a small makeup bag with similar scraps and she really loved it.  Happy Birthday Sis!






My focus is now shifting to planning a quilt and crack open my layer cake of Countdown to Christmas.  I've got an idea that involves applique in the center and then surrounded by blocks - stars and geese.  Now I need to draw it out and see what additional fabric I might need.


Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Ooooo... a brand new, unopened layer cake of Countdown to Christmas? How fun!

    Love your batik table topper... and I'm sure your sister will too! (Happy birthday, Patty's sister!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors are nice in this little quilt. A wonderful use of scraps. Will watch for the "Idea" to evolve from the layer cake. Judy C

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...