Sunday, July 17, 2011

Quiet weekend

Spent a relatively quiet weekend at home with some time for quilting some smaller projects.  (Photos to come when I finish.)


I brought my Fractal quilt to my LAQ on Saturday.  I've been working with Cathy Kirk for a long time and she does wonderful work.  It took us longer than usual to figure out how to best quilt this one.  I usually have her do an quilt pattern from edge to edge but I was worried that this would take away from the quilt center.  Thread color would also be an issue.    We decided that she will stitch the design in the ditch to help it pop.  In the big area that surrounds it, I chose a pattern called 'squares' which is this cool pattern of intersecting lines.  Thread color will be gray.


On Wednesday, I have the chance to do a guest blog post and will have a giveaway later in the week to celebrate so be sure to stop back.

Have a wonderful week.

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. I think you and Cathy have a good plan for quilting this quilt... can't wait to see the results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe you and Cathy have come up with a plan and this quilt certainly demanded careful consideration. Can't wait to see the finish. Judy C in NC

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...