Sunday, March 27, 2011

Spring in the Park

The weather in North Carolina this weekend feels like someone flipped the calendar back to January.  Today is in the mid-30s with a lovely cold rain.


Certain to bring sunshine into any day is Kate Spain's Central Park fabric.
Using disappearing 9-patch block (such a fun and easy block), I made a table runner from a charm pack.  To break up the color a bit, I also included 4 white charms.


These white squares also gave me an opportunity to advance my FMQ skills.
I did these 'feathers' freehand - in other words I did not draw them on the fabric first.  This photo is before washing so I am expecting some of the crinkle to improve things a bit!


For the back and binding, my favorite of all the prints:
It was very satisfying to whip this together in just a few hours. 
This is a birthday gift for one of my sisters.


Next Sunday is the big day for the 1/2 marathon in Central Park in NYC.  (See why this fabric was calling to me?)  The current long range weather outlook is exactly the kind of weather we are having here today in NC.  Weather where quilters are happier inside cuddling some fabric.   I will go on a 6 mile walk today later this afternoon - in the rain if I have to - to stay on my training schedule and see what walking in this weather would actually be like.  I'll have a large cup of tea and a warm quilt waiting for when I return.
Have a great weekend.


Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. good luck next weekend! I'll be doing the Monument 10K in Richmond VA - the same day that underdog VCU Rams will be in the final four! It's going to be a great time to be in Richmond. Laurie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...