Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Back the real world

My lovely end of year vacation has ended so now it is back to work .... putting a major dent in my quilting time!   As a result, I move back to spending more time dreaming about quilting than actually quilting.


I greatly enjoyed the New Year's mystery quilt from Planet Patchwork - here are the 4 blocks.  This was my first basket block so that in and of itself made it fun.  I stopped short of joining them (sashing in white with an outside border) because I am considering making it a table runner using 3 of the blocks instead.


I also quilted my tree from this post and a tree skirt that I'll post a picture of in the future.  Both were from the 12 Days of Christmas Kate Spain line.   I was pleased how they each turned out.  I just need to bind them both.


The giveaway I won from Tara at Sew Unique Creations came in the mail today.  The book looks fun and  will likely expand my bag making skills as I try some of the techniques out.  Tara also included a set of 3 of her patterns:  My Favorite Table Runner, Eighths are Enough, and Turkey Red.   Turkey Red is going on my make list for next Christmas so I need to start collecting various red fabrics.  For the spring, I think I will make the table runner first.  It was incredibly generous of Tara to include the bonus patterns.  Thank you!






Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...