Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!

It was a beautiful sunny day in NC - much of the snow is gone but there are still patches in areas that are essentially shaded all day.  Tomorrow also promises to be a nice one - into the 60s a week after we got our snow!  A neighbor commented that he believes our beautiful weather is a wonderful omen for 2011  - a thought worth passing on.

My New Year's Eve will be spent watching a movie with the family.  We always enjoy a quiet end to the year - although we do usually step out on the porch at midnight and scream and yell in the new year!

2010 is ending on a good note for me.  I just won 2 different giveaways from various blogs.  The first is an exciting looking book from Tara at Sew Unique Creations.  Check out her blog here.


Then, I actually won something in the Sew Mama Sew giveaway from Green Bag Lady!  I won a fabric bag and additional fabric to make my own to giveaway to someone else.  How cool is that!  

I put it to good use right away - and used it to carry some newly purchased fabric!    Check out the site here.  The pattern for the bag is here and fabric was donated by Amy Butler design.  It is a wonderful lightweight bag and I will certainly make a second bag and then give it away.  I just love reusable bags.

Finally, I'm thinking about participating in a mystery quilt on New Year's Day.  My two week vacation from work is coming quickly to and end so can't think of a better way to spend the day.  You can join in over at Planet Patchwork.

My best wishes to you and yours for a wonderful 2011.  Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...