Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Feels like I am loosing a good friend

There are several things that are high on my list of relaxing things to do.  Read a book, cup of tea, glass of wine and of course a walk on the beach.  There is also visiting a fabric shop - especially a visit when you are really just there to browse to see what inspiration may be sparked as a result.

Several year ago, I discovered a shop in Apex somewhat by accident - driving back from taking my kids to the park, taking a slightly different route home.  There it was - it was actually my daughter who was the one who spied it.  Many yards of fabric later, this shop - my all time favorite quilt shop - Plain & Simple in Apex, NC - is closing its doors.

It was a beautiful place - full of much inspiration.  Thanks for all the beautiful fabric.

I joined lots of people today as we shopped for fabric.  I got some fat quarters and a jelly roll.


I did get several multiple yard cuts of some fabric - some Pure (!), some tea themed and some gold that will make a good quilt backing at some point.



 Thanks to all the wonderful people who worked there!   I will miss you!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Patty! I have a surprise for you! Go and check out my blog post today! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sad they are closing too! I live clear in Wallburg, so Apex wasn't a close drive for me, but we've also lost Randy's quilt shop in Greensboro this year....looks like we are going to be stuck with mail order!

    Happy New Year Patty!
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...