Sunday, February 14, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day


Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope your day is filled with chocolate, flowers and time to sew!  
 (I've got some chocolate covered strawberries with my name all over them!)

Valentine's Day is a great day to show people close to you how much you care.   A day to make time to do something special to let someone know how special they are to you.

On my Elm Street Quilts blog, I've expanded the idea of Valentine's Day to the entire month of February and share thoughts and ideas about the concept of giving a handmade hug.

My donation block to Sewing Miles for Smiles
People everywhere are going through rough times.  Something handmade helps them.  It helps in the moment the handmade item is given and then it helps every time that person wraps themselves in the quilt.  Or cuddles the softie.  They get reminded that someone does care.

Celebrating giving handmade to someone who needs a hug is what Elm Street Quilts Hugs series is all about.

I've written about Project LinusQuilts of Compassion, the 1 Million Pillowcase Challenge and Sewing Miles for Smiles.   

Donation quilt for Project Linus

I imagine you've sewn for a family member going through a rough time.  Or donated to someone in need in your community.  Share those stories, share those works in process and link up here or on Facebook or via Instagram #handmadehug#ESQHugs.   

Help me turn February into a month of handmade hugs





Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...