Monday, February 1, 2016

February

Meet February - both the month and the mini quilt!


Why am I calling it February?  No idea.  I always like to name my projects and inspiration comes from wherever you can get it.

I had fun doing simple straight line quilting.



This runner is my interpretation of Sheri's Hope Chest mini quilt pattern. When I started the project, I had every intention of making the whole thing but other things kept jumping up and down for my attention.  I like this 3 block version!

Sheri of A Quilting Life and Michele of Island Life Quilts gave us the challenge for the January's Minis and More QAL.

Here in NC, it looks like we are easing into February with several days of warm temperatures.

February is also the beginning of Elm Street Quilts Hugs and I would like to turn February into a month of handmade hugs.


My blog series kicks off today on my Elm Street Quilts blog where I'll be posting all month about different groups that accept handmade items - quilts, pillowcases etc - and distribute them to someone who needs extra support.  Someone who needs to know that people care.

Do you have some fabric in your stash that would make a fabulous donation quilt?  Some UFO blocks that could be assembled into a baby quilt for donation?  Or maybe some novelty fabric that would make a terrific pillowcase.

Or maybe there is a friend or family member going through a rough time and a gift of handmade would help.

Share via blog, Facebook, Instagram and join the linky party here.  Please help me spread the word and let's spread kindness with some handmade hugs.  The social tags are #handmadehug and #ESQHugs.

Read more about turning that novelty fabric into something useful on today's post on Hugs: Give a Pillowcase.



I'll be linking my February quilt at  Blossom Heart Quilts,  Sew Fresh Quilts and Freemotion by the River.






Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. hehehe...other things keep jumping up and down for attention...ummm...yes, I have that problem too. Pretty runner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely table runner. What a great idea to share organizations that are looking for fabric and handmade goods. The guild I belong to takes on a couple of charity projects each year so we're always looking for ideas. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your table runner is wonderful! I like the Road 15 fabrics.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...