Friday, February 5, 2016

Farmer's Wife 1930's - Golda (38) and Grandma (39)

I really enjoy using this red fabric in the quilt.  I may need to go on a shopping hunt to buy some more since my supply is running low!.

This is Golda (38) - very fun to put together.


Grandma (39) - really like the way this one turned out.  I need to do more red /orange combinations (which is why I need to find more Fig Tree red.


And Gnome Angel has a block bingo underway - here is a photo of five of my favorite blocks!  I picked ones that make good use of my favorite red fabric - Addie (1), Autumn (9), Betty (14), Coral (24) & Dolly (28).



Interested in playing along?  These are from the book -   Farmer's Wife 1930's Sampler Quilt and there are two great quilt alongs with plenty of tips and ideas.  VeryKerryBerry  is doing the blocks in numerical order while Gnome Angel is doing them in order from easiest to hardest.

My fabrics are from Moda Fig Tree.  There are so many different versions underway right now - so much inspiration out there!







Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I just made a run for some fig tree tomato-y red on Monday, great minds thinking alike? I am planning to do a red and green sampler quilt from fig tree fabrics something like their BOM, but using my own block choices. I am never fast enough to get a spot in those BOMs and they are a bit too expensive for my budget so this will be my answer.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...