Friday, October 30, 2015

Holiday Stars



The October challenge from Minis and More was any of the quilts from this pattern.  Mine is a variation of the Mini Star Crossed.   Fabric is from my stash - I'd been using the gold for all the Fall themed quilts I've been making and found this great red with gold stars print in my stash.

There is a gorgeous version of this quilt down in the new Fig Tree line that I've seen in market photos.  Check out the second photo in this blog post on Fat Quarter Shop blog- isn't it wonderful? I'm adding a larger version of this quilt to my list.

I still need to put a binding on this one.  To quilt, I do a basic stipple stitch in the background and then stitched in the ditch around each of the pieces in the block.

I'm happy with how it turned out but I can't say I love the final product.  Does that make sense?

 Making this quilt was part of a monthly sewalong called Mini Quilt and More hosted by Sherri from A Quilting Life and  Michele of Island Life Quilts .  There will be a parade of minis next week so I'll perhaps be inspired with other fabric combinations.






Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...