Friday, May 22, 2015

Farmer's Wife

I used 110 of my 111 blocks to assemble my Farmer's Wife quilt.

I left block #68 - Postage Stamp - off of the quilt. For a block that is a simple postage stamp block, it came out quite bad.  Either my pressing or my paper piecing really distorted this block.  

This is what it looked like:

I decided to remake the block for the back and use scraps from all the fabric used on the front of the quilt.

It will sit in the middle of my pieced back!!

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. I agree, the second block is much nicer and will be stunning on the back. Great job! We all have blocks in a "remake or discard" pile. I have been so frustrated that after 3 take aparts I give up and it felt good to toss it in the trash, take a break, recut and start again. The quilt is beautiful!


Leave a stitch...