Friday, May 15, 2015

Blogger's Quilt Festival - New Hampshire


New Hampshire is my entry into the Original Design Quilts category of the virtual quilt show hosted by Amy from Amy's Creative Side

I gifted this quilt to my Aunt - she is married to my mom's brother.  She lives in New Hampshire (hence my original name!) and is a wonderful person.  A few years ago my daughter and I were stranded in an airport near their home and my aunt and uncle rescued us late at night only to return us very, very early the next day to catch our rescheduled flight home.  My daughter still calls her "the aunt who saved us!!"



This quilt is my own design using a Fig Tree fabric layer cake.  It finished 60" x 70".   Cathy Kirk did the edge to edge quilt design called JS Panto 27.



I just love this quilt and need to make it again!!

Visit the  Blogger's Quilt Festival to view lots of amazing quilts across multiple categories.

Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. It really is a beautiful quilt, such lovely fresh colours and a great block design

    ReplyDelete
  2. The layer cake was enough for the centers also? Or just the modified churn dash frame, as I'd call it -- not too imaginative.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt and a wonderful story behind it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice, I like the twist on the churn dash quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh I like this plus and churndash block! Very cool variation. Great fabrics to show it off too!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...