Friday, January 30, 2015

Grand Illusions Progress checkin



I've made great progress on Bonnie's mystery quilt (see the big reveal post for Grand Illusions quilt.)

I decided to go with the pattern setting after much, much debate.  I've the border pieces all assembled ready to attach.



Since I went with a 3 by 4 block setup, I did need to great creative on the border.  The border was designed for a 5 x 5 quilt and a 2" inner border.  Each of the side pieces that attach to the corner will be a little bit longer.



Completing the creation of all the blocks was my goal for January's Another Lovely Year of Finishes .   This was my goal setting post.

Linking up to Bonnie's post here.  (edited to add link)

Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. Looking good, love the sunlight playing on the top :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. Love your colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Grand Illusion looks great; just beautiful. I'm making it also, but I'm still making the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a soft spot for HST's and your colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like how the softer colours in your sashing let the blocks shine. I'm doing a three by four setting too but I'll wait to see if I have any leftover bits to use for the border fill in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the colors you used and how your quilt turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since one of the first things you see when you walk through my front door is the back of my couch, which is where I want to put the quilt, I decided to make it four across and three down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your twist on the Movie name for your quilt. Mine is so BUSY, I haven't' named it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours is coming along so PRETTY! Love your colors and the subtle play around the stars that they create.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...