Wednesday, July 23, 2014

I'm in love!

I made my first 2 blocks from my Farmer's Wife book.   I just love these cute little blocks!

#1: Attic windows


#2: Autumn Tints

When I made my New Jersey quilt, I had purchased this yummy stack of Vintage Modern fabrics.  I just loved my finish quilt and gave it away to my mom for Christmas.  I have lots of the fabric left so decided to make my FW quilt in the same fabric line.



I found the paper piecing patterns by joining a Farmer's Wife group on Yahoo. 

Anyone out there starting their FW journey?  I am thinking about doing 2-3 blocks per week.




Happy Stitching!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty! Love those fabrics and they will be wonderful with the FW blocks.

    Very tempting to join in; however, I'm up to my neck in tiny houses... I'll just enjoy your blocks and cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am also making this quilt and am up to 50 blocks. It is so much fun but for me the ONLY way to make it is to use the paper piecing method
    Are you making all of them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the book - it's on my 'list', but I have way too many other WIP's to start on it now. Maybe by next year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am doing Farmers Wife as a BOM, having lots of fun with the blocks and colours.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...