Monday, December 16, 2013

Seattle quilt

I debated last week whether I should take the plunge and make a quilt for my son for Christmas.

This will be a true improv quilt - in other words, I am making it up as I go.  I've a general feeling of what I want to do and my plan is that this is a stash only quilt.  (Somewhere I believe I even have a good backing fabric but need to go on a hunt for that.)



I turned my FQs and some solids into 20 of these blocks, unfinished at 8 1/2 inches.


Now, the next idea is to play off the red in this great print and spell out the word Seattle.  I've got plenty of red fabric to use.   Each of these letters uses 3" squares and will finish at 12" wide by 15" long.


I've got one more T to go and I'm going to do that one on an angle - in theory anyway!  Not sure about the black surrounding the one letter - I think it will work in the overall quilt but doesn't look so good here.  

Those letters sure were fun to make.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. What fun! You are so creative... this is going to be a special quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...