Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Knitting progress


I am in love with this yarn - Sirdary Snuggly baby bamboo and the lovely silver gray color.

The pattern is from the Purl Bee  There are 12 rows in each pattern repeat - half of those are lace rows, half are purl rows.  I've just finished my 6th of a gazillion repeats of the pattern and - maybe - now have the hang of it.

I didn't get as much knitting time this summer as I had hoped.  But I also kept messing it up and had to knit backwards - or frog.   

There are always 14 stitches in a repeating pattern of the lace - that part is easy.  I use stitch markers so I can always count.  But the number of stitches changes each time at the start of the row - sometimes the repeats are on stitch 9, sometimes 6, sometimes 8 so each time you start, you have to adjust the markers or just adjust your brain.  I had a brainstorm one day to write each row on a single index card to make it easier to see with my old eyes.  That was a good idea but ... one row not all that long ago, I ended up adding an extra YO because I copied it down wrong.  I discovered it 2 row later so backwards I go.

Clearly I didn't get the shawl done this summer - so I've reset my goal for next Spring!

Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty. I am a very beginner knitter, but do you think it is a hard pattern?? I don't know much about the stitches yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawl is going to be beautiful. I am knitting an infinity scarf and just realized that it got twisted at the cast on...now I'll have to start over after knitting around 11 rows. Oh well, good practice!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...