Friday, August 2, 2013

Snowballs in July

Snowballs in July?  Quilting style!

I did a trial run at snowballing 4 of my 20 lemonye star blocks just to make sure my proportions are going to be correct.



I am using this same blue print for the snowballs.  And then for the cornerstones, I fussy cut a series of 2" squares to capture some of my favorite sayings!



I am thinking of using the green for a thin inner border followed by more of the blue Noteworthy for a wider outer border.  Without a border, the quilt will finish at 70 by 88.

The blocks unfinished are16 1/2 inches, the sashing and cornerstones are 2".  I used 3" squares to make the snowball corners.



Finishing this quilt top is my goal for August or Another Lovely Year of Finishes!  






Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I think that "get rid of clutter" may be speaking to me...second time I've seen it this week! Beautiful start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the snowballing idea. It's truly going to be LOVELY.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this star pattern. This is going to be beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your idea of cutting favourite sayings! You're off to a great start for finishing the top for August!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Patty it's going to be simply gorgeous! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  6. that's going to be gorgeous! The pattern is perfect to show off those fresh colours

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...