Monday, August 19, 2013

Dr Who block 3

There are 20 blocks in the Whovian-inspired Quilt-Along from Caroline and Soma from Whims and Fancies and the Doctor.  Doctor Who?

They are all paper pieced blocks and on the difficult side because of all the small pieces.  I've done 3 of the blocks so far - here is my latest:



What is that you ask?

Hopefully fans of the show will recognize it as a Sonic Screwdriver.  (My DD who is a major league whovian gave the block a thumbs up.)  For the Dr (an alien time lord), the Sonic Screwdriver is a tool with much power to unlock things and operate any computer, alien or otherwise.  Here is an image from wikipedia - not bad when one compares to the photo.



I do not intend to make all 20 blocks but are picking the blocks that are significant to me.  Here are all three of my blocks so far.



(Picture a bit blurry - perhaps the sonic screwdriver can sharpen up images as well as magically get these blocks the same size?  Not only do I make a big mess when I make these blocks but they don't finish true to the required size.)

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

  1. Oh your ss is perfect! I am still bogged down on the spaceship but the screwdriver is next for me, lol! I am also picking and choosing but my son said oh yes to the spaceship as I groaned, lol! I really like your fabric choices on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...