Wednesday, July 24, 2013

20 Stars all in a row

My July goal for Another Lovely Year of Finishes was to make the 320 HST that I need for my summer quilt project.

The good news, turns out I only needs 240 HST.  Each of the 20 blocks, needs 12 HST plus 4 corner squares.


I got them done!!!



And the blocks are assembled!!  (Not yet pressed)




The next step is to snowball (idea found here in demo from Missouri Star Quilt Co (here) and to add sashing with cornerstones.  I'll be using a blue print from the fabric line.

The fabric is Sweetwater Noteworthy paired with some Bella Solids.

Assembling this quilt top will be my ALYOF goal for August.


Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. Looks lovely! I think Sweetwater is a great line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The colors of your summer quilt project are just perfect.
    Thanks for sharing the link. I like how she finished off the blocks with sashing and cornerstones. So easy but so effective.
    I am going to have to find some of that Noteworthy fabric

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, gf! Them's a LOT of HSTs! WTG! ^5


    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your star project. I saw that video at MSQC and loved it. I can't wait to see yours after it gets the snowball corners!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your star flowers are so pretty! I think the Sweetwater fabrics are lovely for them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fantastic! You'll have some for the back!

    Great finish!
    Thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...