Friday, April 5, 2013

Tinted Chains - Votes for Women BOM

An easy to assemble block for this weeks block from the Votes for Women  block of the week.  This is block 31 and called Tinted Chains.  (No seam ripper required but I did have difficulty cutting - kept reading the dimensions wrong!)


I finally made decisions on how I am going to set these blocks - on point.   Using a great calculator I found here, I figured out I needed two 6 1/2 squares to get the right sized triangles to make these blocks go on point.

My goal is to get 3 blocked off each week which should get me caught up and into quilt top assembly before we get to the final blocks - 49 in all.  By adding the triangles each of the blocks went from 8 1/2 block to 11 3/8th.  

Some of the blocks - included this one - may not go on point because they are intended to somewhat directional.  I will sort this out as I go.

For now, the first 3 look great - if I do say so myself.  (smile)



Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Leave a stitch...