Saturday, March 23, 2013

FNSI results

My mission for FNSI was to finish the border on my Sea Glass quilt.  (See this blog post.)  After considering all options, I made a major change in the border design and decided to frame it with strips of white and color.

I purchased the Bella solid white for this quilt  well more than a year ago so when I now needed more white for the border I was in big trouble.  I had no idea what particular shade of Bella white it was and my attempt to order what I thought it was resulted in a white of a different shade.  In order to get the border done, I had to steal fabric I had already cut in strips to lattice another set of quilt blocks in my WIP pile.

So I still need to find the matching white but I am able to finish this quilt which is a gift.

Whew.

I also put the binding on my Tulip quilt.


Doesn't it look cute on my hall table?  (Trying to encourage spring to actually get here.)  Pattern for bunny  was free and can be found at The Purl Bee.   The tulips come from  the tutorial at Bee in my Bonnet.






Happy Stitching!

6 comments:

  1. I have been looking at the tulip block, I do not often follow a pattern I think that I may try a pillow first then if I can knuckle down to it a border of tulips on a pale green quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain about the Moda solid white matching thing... but I just can't bring myself to pay for a sample card "just in case"... I'm glad you had some with another project so you could finish up the gift project!

    Loving that tulip runner/mat... very spring like! Unlike today's weather...


    ReplyDelete
  3. You were busy last night, the tulip quilt is very spring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had a very productive night. I really like your tulip quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those tulips are so cute and springy! Thank you for sharing the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tulip runner is so neat! I'm thinking of doing something like this with mine.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...