One of the fun to assemble gifts I gave for the holidays were these fabric buckets. You can find detailed instructions for these all over the web. While not a tutorial, I did snap these pictures as I went through the process.
- Trace a circle for bottom of lining and bucket
- Assemble lining. Leave small opening in bottom to enable turning things inside out
- Iron on fusible batting to outer fabric (including bottom) and assemble into bucket.
- Right sides together, sew along top seam between lining and bucket.
- Turn inside out through the opening you left in step 2.
- Sew opening by hand (or machine if you want).
You can decide how much of the inner fabric you want to fold over.
These were all gifts for my sisters and everyone loved them. I really liked working with the canvas - these are two different prints from Sweetwater - one is Pure and the other is Authentic.
You can use these anywhere. Put a plastic tub inside (something you might get from the deli) and you can give your basket extra protection from anything you put inside that might spill.