Wednesday, November 14, 2012

V4W - Block 11 Red Schoolhouse



More great history from Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice block of the week program.  This block was called the Red Schoolhouse so I made good use of the reds in the Vintage Modern line I am using.

Of the 11 blocks so far, I've made 6 of them in red (and grey):


4 of them in blue (and grey):


And 1 that is red and blue.


I do hope to make some decisions on how I will be setting these blocks so I can start squaring them and sizing them as I go.  Would be a less daunting task than leaving it all to the end.

Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous, and I'm totally with you on setting early...I am sashing as I go and it is working out great...I thought twice about putting two stars together and the fact that the two out of the same pattern are so close in position but as more blocks are added, I am trusting Barabara's vision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful fabrics and blocks. I especially like the little red school house block.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful blocks! Love the two colors!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...