Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Knitting Time!

When the weather turns chilly and the holidays approach, I enjoy having a knitting project (or 2 or 3) at hand.  It is nice to sit and visit with family and relax with some easy knitting.

I visited a new store nearby called Warm n' Fuzzy.  Great selection of yarn and very friendly, helpful people - just want you want in a yarn store.  I will surely go back. 

First project is a knitted hat  - with ear flaps - that my DD (14 yrs old) requested.  This is going to be an Owl (you've seen these hats that look like animals?) and this gray was the perfect color.  This is Natura color 12 and is a mix of all different kinds of wool.  So soft! 


This beautiful color is blue sky Alpaca Silk in colorway brick.  I will be making a lace shawl from this one.  There are several patterns I am considering so more on that later!


This is louet Gems in a color called Candy Apple Red.  I am going to make a fun lace scarf out of this beautiful color!


Finally, new blog hop starts today!

Pauline from Quilting Queen and Mdmn Samm from SewWeQuilt have put together a new blog hop - Holiday Lane.  My day is Tuesday, November 27 and I've two projects to share.

You can find the entire schedule for the blog hop here.

Happy Stitching!

1 comment:

Leave a stitch...