Monday, October 8, 2012

V4W: Aunt Eliza's Star

Block 6 from Barbara Brackman's Grandmother's Choice - Votes for Women Block of the Week is called Aunt Eliza's Star.  I found the story on fight for child custody behind this block extremely interesting (you can read it here.)



This block was fun to put together.  It was ideal place to use a fussy cut square of fabric so I expect to see stunning blocks from other  quilters.

A few weeks ago I was lucky enough to win several Little Biites patterns from Suzan from Reluctant Quilter. She won 8 patterns from Moda and passed 4 of them on.   She also generously included a charm pack.  (I've already broken into one of them so it didn't make it into the photo.) 



These Little Bites patterns are very addictive and I find the mini size they produce to be quite useful.

I want to thank everyone who left such nice comment on my entry Fall into the Leafs Me Happy blog hop.  I was quite honored to be on of the highlighted entries on Mdmn Samm's blog that day.

Below find today's hop participants.







Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Lovely block with beautiful fabrics... ya done good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great block and love this little quilt above! So cute. Those patterns look great too. Happy Stitching to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered your blog through the Leafs me Happy blog hop. I love the quilts in the header for your blog, particularly the blue and white one. What is the name of the pattern for that quilt? Thank-you for your help.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...