Saturday, October 27, 2012

FNSI Results

FMQ was on the agenda for last night's FNSI.  I

SewCalGal's FMQ challenge this month was fun.  I practiced writing my name and then wrote the alphabet.


Before I even had this much success, I struggled with tension issues on the machine.  After thorough cleaning, rethreading, needle changes, different bobbins, I put one color (red) in the bobbin and white at the top thread so I could see what was going on.  This picture is FMQ.  Shouldn't be seeing this on the top.


 I put my regular foot back on and started adjusting the tension until I could no longer see the red thread on top.  I had to put the tension dial lower than I've ever had to before to get the line white on top.


My baby is going in for a checkup.

To finish out the evening, I put my real FMQ project aside and decided to hem my daughter's halloween costume.  She took a skirt that I wore 25 years ago and cut 12 inches off the bottom.  I remember wearing that skirt - it had been a favorite - and I had donated it to 'dress up' clothes years ago for my girls.  I was hesitant to cut the skirt - did I really think my waist would ever be that size again? - until I looked at it up close.  It was filled with little holes.  Great for a costume, not for anything else.

Finally, I pressed my Marmalade strips - I just love this fabric from Bonnie & Camile.  Yummy!  These are going to be beautiful 9-patch blocks.



Happy Stitching!

3 comments:

  1. Great job on the FMQ! Ah, tension issues... such "fun"...

    I'm glad a favorite skirt of yours will enjoy another excursion with your DD on Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. tension can be such a hassle sometimes. I like your practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your writing looks pretty good to me. I'm still getting the hang of FMQ. Just takes lots of practice I guess.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a stitch...