Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Lucy quilt

I posted a bit ago about planning on making a quilt for my sister who celebrates a significant birthday later this year.  I had bought a whole bunch of fabric with a Lucy theme (her favorite) but had no plan in mind.  Time to start experimenting.  I made a star block - star blocks are my favorite.




(If you are a Lucy fan, you'll remember the episode of Lucy in the Chocolate factory - this fabric has her pink hat and all the chocolate she stuffed inside it.)


The star was fun to make and also the LARGEST block I've ever done - it finished at 16 1/2 inches!


Here is my pattern sketch - I'm thinking several large squares surrounded by smaller ones.  I may go with a third size but first I'll make a few samples.  




You can (hopefully) both see the scale of the block against the sketch and see my random design of large squares and small squares representing the stars.  The fabric is a bit busy so I'll use some solids to balance things out a bit!  (The colors are a true in the photo below.)




Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a stitch...